5 Simple Morning Routines To Improve Your Day And Life!
Assuming you live to the typical life expectancy, you'll have 25,000 adult mornings. But more often as in all things, we're wrong in going about it. What do you usually do upon waking up? Probably checking your phone, your email, the weather, the social media.
Most healthy, successful people make a point to do certain things first thing upon waking, and so should the rest of us. Try these simple steps and the difference to your day will be noticeable. And…if the start of the day is good, then the rest of the day is bound to be good as well.
1. Wake Up Earlier You’re going to need some extra time compared to your current routine. Wake up with rising sun if possible. You’re sure to be satisfied by the same peace and quiet an early morning provides. Give yourself an hour and a half before you have to be out the door.
2. Drink a Glass of Warm Lemon Water Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon first thing in the morning is an excellent way to get your body rehydrated. It goes to work lubricating all of your different internal systems. The lemon will condition your digestive system for the coming meals, and makes the water tastier. Adding a bit of honey or mint leaves will cut down on the tartness and is also beneficial in nutrients.
3. Do a Stretching Routine A mere 5 minute stretch in the morning will wake your muscles up and get them ready for the day ahead. You should search until you find one that satisfies you and modify it to suit your own abilities. If you aren’t exercising regularly it's recommended to start off with just some morning stretches until that becomes a habit, and later transitioning into yoga and other exercises.
4. Meditate for a Few Minutes There’s no better time to sit and clear your mind for a few minutes. There’s also no right way to meditate, so you are free to seek out your own personal style. Choose a position that you find comfortable, and decide if you’d like music or not. Just sitting and listening to the silence can be enough for most.
5. Plan Your Day You should list at-least three things you really want to get done, and above all else, make sure they get done over the day. You’ll feel better at the end of the day knowing you at least got 3 important things done. Once you establish the habit of getting the most important things done, you’ll be able to build up confidence and go for bigger and bigger things. Moreover, you'll find that the smaller stuff does either gets done on its own, or fades away because it wasn’t that important to begin with.